Pushing creative boundaries to find effective solutions for client briefs has been my bread and butter for the past 15 years. Whether International Blue Chip or an SME. I have the same passion and commitment for the job, to explore all creative avenues, using my vast experience across print and digital to deliver projects that exceed expectations.
Key skills and experience
- Over 15 years’ commercial experience, working with a clients including blue chip, public, charity and SME.
- Expertise across multiple marketing channels, including publishing, DM, branding, advertising, brochures, annual reports and digital projects (websites, email newsletters, digi mags and apps).
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign.
- A solid understanding of wed based solutions including: Wireframe, UI, UX, Wordpress, HTML, Adobe Edge.
- Ability to think conceptually, develop briefs and advise clients of the best creative solution to realise their goals.
- Highly experienced across the entire design process, from concept development, art direction and client consultation to repro and artwork.
- Ability to manage the day-to-day running of a design team, giving creative guidance and assistance.
- Organising photoshoots, liaising with model agencies, stylists and photographers, giving direction on shoots to ensure correct lighting, colour and composition is achieved.
- Keen interest in technologies and media channels that can be developed to improve the customer journey.
- Strong skills in all the relevant packages, able to create illustrations as well as retouching images, cut outs and prepare images for artwork.
- Ability to work closely with other designers, digital developers, photographers and clients to ensure that projects run smoothly, within budget and that the best end result is achieved.
- Highly motivated and passionate about work, will put in all the hours necessary to guarantee a job is done to the highest standard and completed on time.
- A good sense of humour and positive outlook which comes across in the manner that I work and ability to work with a diverse mix of people.
- Launched the Boots Health&Beauty ezine, featuring unique in app product purchase functionality, with a limited launch to existing Boots Advantage card members, first issue was viewed 108,264 times with over 1.5 million page views.
- including new responsive website and marketing materials, increasing both brand awareness and a 22 per cent rise in sales.
- Launched the Coop Members Share ezine, it achieved a click through rate from the launch email of over 20%, well above industry standard.
- Art directed and help launch a new parenting magazine called Gurgle, which had, within two years, achieved a circulation of over 36,000 and become the UK’s biggest and most stylish parenting magazine. Short listed for several awards including the APA and IPA magazine of the year.
- Created multiple marketing channels for IPH Insurance.
- Developed the Gurgle brand across multiple media channels to enhance the brand and reach out to more potential readers and customers.
- Won the pitch for Bon Marché Magazine, the redesign helped increase ad revenue by 120 per cent. Subsequently, Bon Marché asked us to develop their mailer which went out to over 1 million customers.
- Helped launch ARiSE Magazine which won the APA magazine launch of the year 2009.
- Developed style and content for ‘stormstyle.com’ fashion website, awarded NMA site of the week.
- Produced the Butlins holiday brochure including photoshoot and repro work in a six week time frame. Butlins saw a 10 per cent increase in the number of people who requested a brochure and then went on to book a break.